CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA), a federal contractor, seeks a GIS Applications Developer to join its GeoSpatial Services business line. The GIS Applications Developer will design, develop, test and maintain a variety of GIS web solutions. The position may involve some domestic and international travel.
Location and Salary
Full-time position based in CSA’s corporate headquarters in Stuart, FL. Applicants must possess current and long-term authorization to work in the United States; CSA will not initiate or transfer H-1B Visas. Salary for this position is negotiable based on qualifications.
- Diagnose and resolve problems associated with GIS programs, scripts, tools, procedures, systems, and applications to minimize business interruptions
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advisor to internal and external customers on issues regarding GIS development
- Work collaboratively with established team with minimal oversight
- Express complex concepts effectively, both verbal and written, to diverse groups
- Multi-task and prioritize work during critical deadline-driven conditions
Expected time allocation on key tasks
- Web application development and customization (40%)
- Desktop application development and customization (20%)
- Technical Writing - Standards, protocols, and other documentation (20%)
- Training (10%)
- Hardware and software maintenance (10%)
- Enterprise map-based asset management and decision support applications
- ESRI ARCSDE, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server 10.1 and above
- Web services components for cross-application solutions
- Cached maps
- Web-based and mobile ArcGIS server applications
- Implementation of security to limit read and edit access to mapping applications
- Natural resources GIS data
- Code (.NET and C#) with emphasis on front-end methodologies and server-side programming
- Systems built on Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 and above (ASP.NET and Windows Forms)
- Web sites built on Microsoft IIS 6 and above
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, GIS, information technology, mathematics or related field is preferred; Bachelor’s degree plus extensive experience may be considered
- Minimum of 3 years general Applications Developer experience
- 1 year experience utilizing SQL
- Some experience in marine science preferred
CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. (CSA), a federal contractor, seeks an HSSE Administrator to be based out of the Stuart, FL office. The CSA HSSE Administrator will assist the CSA HSSE Director and Manager with implementation of the company's Health, Safety, Security and Environmental programs and policies. HSSE Administrator will be responsible for implementing Safety and Health programs in order to maintain a safe, hazard/incident free workplace and to ensure compliance with the company's policies/procedures. The position requires some domestic and international travel.
Location and Salary:
Full time position based in CSA’s corporate headquarters in Stuart, FL: applicants must possess current and long-term authorization to work in the United States. Salary for this position is negotiable based on qualifications.
- Implementation of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental processes and systems at CSA facilities and project sites worldwide.
- Promote a behavioral-based approach to HSSE management.
- Provide competent advice, guidance and support to all managers and staff regarding their occupational health, safety, security and environmental responsibilities.
- Perform assigned duties related to ongoing or new HSSE initiatives which include environmental compliance, control framework execution, HSSE training, etc.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory organizations.
- Conduct internal audits of the HSSE system and external audits of contractors.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with personnel, management, governmental agencies, safety associations, customer representatives, and contractors.
- Schedule and coordinate HSSE training for all personnel, including management.
- Provide safety information to departments for meeting topics.
- Provide oversight and monitor injury and illness cases to ensure incidents are appropriately and thoroughly investigated, including root cause analysis, and that corrective actions are implemented and completed.
- Travel required to CSA offices and field sites in the United States and abroad.
- Must comply with company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy (including pre-employment, annual, random, and for-cause drug and alcohol screening).
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization (shop floor to boardroom)
- Constructive interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Advanced public relations and collaboration abilities
- Ability to supervise safety program implementation
- Risk management and risk assessment skills
- Post-secondary certification/degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in HSSE for environmental consulting, oil & gas, or similar industry
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Desirable: TWIC, valid Passport, HAZWOPER 40-hr, BOSIET, OSHA-500
Ocean Specialists, Inc. is seeking Submarine Network Engineers to support development of international fiber optic cable systems. Qualified individuals will play a vital role in the establishment of cable systems serving existing and new markets. Previous experience as a network engineer with a submarine cable system owner or supplier is essential.
- Support development of international submarine fiber cable systems from inception to operations
- Draft technical specifications for submarine fiber cable systems
- Evaluate and adjudicate supplier proposals
- Provide technical input to purchaser’s project manager on a regular basis
- Perform quality assurance on terrestrial and subsea plant
- Specify cable landing station requirements
- Oversee installation and testing of submarine terminal equipment
- Act as Purchaser’s representative during test and commissioning of submarine cable systems
- Develop maintenance plans for submarine cable systems
- Develop operations procedures, provisioning plans, and service level agreements for submarine cable systems
- Train and mentor Purchaser’s engineers in the planning, design, and operation of submarine cable systems
- Must have current, long-term authorization to work and reside in the United States
- Willing to consider alternate home office locations for exceptional candidates
- Must be available to travel internationally for durations of one to four weeks
- Bachelor of Science in relevant engineering field, computer science, or physics
- Ten years overall experience in optical transport networks
- Three years experience in submarine cable networks
- Three years experience with DWDM networks
- Two years experience with SONET/SDH or OTN networks
- Ability to clearly communicate technical recommendations to technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language
Other Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with 40Gb/s or 100Gb/s coherent detection transmission systems
- Experience with packet optical networks, COE or MPLS-T
- Experience with telecom network management systems
- Quality Systems experience, including familiarity with ISO-9000 practices and procedures
- Participation in major submarine cable systems projects
- Conversational Spanish or Portuguese a plus
CSA Ocean Sciences Inc. is interested in contacting qualified, experienced marine mammal and turtle observers for potential aerial and shipboard surveys. These are temporary positions (hourly compensation with no additional benefits) that become available when we are awarded an MMO/PAM project. Objectives of projects can include:
- Seasonal distribution and abundance;
- Mitigation and monitoring of potential effects from oil and gas development and disturbance, including visual and passive acoustic (PAM) monitoring surveys during geophysical (seismic) surveys; and
- Photography and photoidentification and cataloging.
Observers may participate in surveys at a variety of domestic and international locations. Depending on the survey, this position may require substantial time spent in the field. To be added to our MMO/PAM database, submit a cover letter with CV/resume to
D. Hopler, CSA Ocean Sciences Inc.,
8502 SW Kansas Ave
Stuart, FL 34997